Thursday, November 8, 2012

RIHANNA PREMIRES DIAMONDS MUSIC VIDEO
















To be very honest right now, I am not the biggest Rihanna fan as of right now.  I liked her and actually started to love her during her Loud era, but then that Talk That Talk era came around and it just went downhill from there.  I didn't really like any of the singles from the album (besides 'Where Have Your Been' and finally 'We Found Love' after I got into Calvin Harris).  


And the song Diamonds doesn't really help.  It is slightly boring on first listen and doesn't seem to get more interesting as you listen more.  Plus Rihanna doesn't even sing completely on the track.  And the trashy album cover doesn't help with my liking her.  ALSO there is the whole Chris Brown thing that shocks me and makes me respect her a whole lot less.

Now, about the actual music video.  It is OK, not really anything new or exciting.  It looks a lot like We Found Love for starters.  And it doesn't help that it is boring and lacks story plot or something that catches my interest.  The TV was on while I was watching this music video and the TV won my attention, so I had to re-watch it before I posted this!

All in all, there isn't really anything wrong or bad with this music video, it is just flat out boring.  I predict that this will die on charts soon and she will need some big dance-pop hit to bring Unapologetic to life.  But even then, it might be to late, as 'Where Have You Been' was also not a hit because of how late it was released.


No comments:

Post a Comment