Friday, November 9, 2012

REDONE WORKS WITH J.LO...AND J-HUD?!



Well this is something you don't see everyday!  Redone working with a R&B artist?!?  The rumors are true!  Redone is busy with Lady Gaga's upcoming ARTPOP record and apparently working with a pregnant Shakira on her comeback album after being signed to Roc Nation.  Now he is working with J-Hud and J.Lo (again)!

First comes Miss Lopez with RedOne telling MTV News: "I'm the executive producer of [Lopez's] album, and we already have songs that are just incredible. It's just amazing. It's mixed [styles]. It's everything about Jennifer Lopez."

He continued by saying: "It's not one thing; it's everything you experience," he said. "It's a very special album. It feels like this album, to us, has to have everything about her, not just one thing. You're going to have all the sides, kind of urban/hip-hop and the commercial, like the way she did with Ja Rule. It's everything you love about her [including] the dance, the rhythmic, the Latin."

Sounds like we are going to be having a little bit of everything J.Lo (well, musically that is)!  As excited as I am for that, I am also kinda interested in what he has to offer to J-Hud.  Most of his stuff is really generic (unless it is for his big artists, then it is actually pretty good).


Never been a huge fan of Jennifer Hudson, and her music has always been good, but nothing that I every loved, besides her amazing single Spotlight.  RedOne working on this record for her could go 2 ways.  She could flop (again) and her recording career could be up in the air, or it could be quite prosperous for her and she could make a huge comeback.

RedOne said: "I'm excited about it. To me, like, I'm working right now [and] I'm working on some ideas for her. ... I think I'm very excited because I think it's fresh, something totally fresh for me.

He concluded: "I think it's going to be the most incredible thing. I know music, and I adapt to the art," he added of moving outside of the dance world for the project. "It's very important to focus on that. And [with the] songwriting aspect, I think I know how she sounds on the radio. I think I know what people want to hear. I think I know what the artist wants. And the combination of all of that, you can never go wrong."

Hopefully he is able to make magic with both ladies and doesn't disregard them because of their names in the music industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment